Combe Incorporated User Agreement
Terms and Conditions
- This Site contains information about health and beauty care products that may or may not be available in certain parts of the world and/or that may be available under different trademarks. Additionally, the products may be subject to approval or clearance processes in some countries by various governmental agencies, and this may result in different indications, ingredients, restrictions, and labeling. Because of these variables, the product information that is available at this Site is intended for use by Canadian residents only. You should not construe anything at this Site as a promotion or a solicitation for any product or the possible use of any product that is not authorized by the laws and regulations of the country in which you are located. Combe is in the process of developing its Site to provide links to international sites providing information about Combe products, businesses and operations at such international locations. These international links can be accessed through the home page (www.combe.com). Those new international sites have information that will be appropriate to those countries and regions, and the product information that is available through such an international link is intended solely for use by, and is applicable only to, residents of that international location. Finally, descriptions of Combe’s products contained within this Site shall not constitute product labeling; you should use Combe’s products in accordance with the instructions contained on the cartons and labels found on those products in the country of purchase.
- All information (“Information”) that you read or see at this Site is protected by copyright or other intellectual property laws. The contents (“Contents”) are owned by Combe, its affiliates, or other third parties from whom Combe has received certain legal rights. You may not report, modify, publish, sell, reproduce, distribute, post, display, transmit, or in any way exploit any of this Site’s Contents for commercial purposes. You may, if you wish, download and retain on a disk or in hard drive form a single copy of the Contents of this Site for personal, non-commercial purposes as long as you do not remove any proprietary notices.
- While Combe has made reasonable efforts to include Information at this Site that is accurate and timely, Combe makes no representations or warranties as to such Information and, specifically, Combe assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the Information or the Contents of this Site. Moreover, Combe neither warrants nor represents that your use of the Information will not infringe the rights of third parties who are not affiliated with Combe. Your access to and use of this Site are at your own risk, and neither Combe nor any party involved in the creation, transmittal, or maintenance of this Site shall be liable to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damages of any kind allegedly arising out of your access or use of this Site, or your inability to access or use this Site. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, the Contents of this Site are provided to you on an “AS IS” basis and specifically WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not permit the exclusion of implied warranties and, as a result, some of the exclusions referenced above may not apply to you. You should check your local laws for any limitations or restrictions that might impact you.
- Combe assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or any viruses that may infect, your computer equipment resulting from your access to or use of this Site, or the downloading of any Information from this Site.
- The trademarks, logos and service marks (“Trademarks”) displayed throughout the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Combe and third party licensors. No license, right or permission is granted to you for any use of the Trademarks by you or anyone authorized by you. Misuse of the Trademarks is strictly prohibited and Combe will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the pursuit of criminal prosecutions whenever and wherever necessary.
- The pictures and images of people, products, places or things displayed on this Site are either the property of Combe or are used with the permission of third parties. Any use of such pictures or images by you or anyone authorized or affiliated with you is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized uses of pictures and images may violate copyright or trademark laws, privacy laws, or communications laws or regulations.
- Internet users located in countries that are subject to applicable trade embargo laws and regulations are prohibited from accessing this Site, and are asked to exit promptly at this time.
- Any communication or material transmitted to this Site by electronic mail or other means, shall be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. This includes ideas, suggestions, comments, questions and any other information or data. Anything submitted to Combe can be used, reproduced, transmitted, disclosed or published by Combe or its affiliates without restriction or compensation. Ideas and suggestions which you believe are of a confidential and/or proprietary nature should not be submitted to Combe electronically or otherwise without first signing a confidential disclosure agreement prepared by Combe’s legal department or otherwise complying with alternate provisions set forth within or through this Site.
- This Site may provide on occasion links or references to other websites not affiliated with Combe. Combe is not responsible for the content of such other sites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from users’ access to such sites. Links to other sites are provided only as a convenience to users of this Site.
- This Site may contain from time to time information related to various health, medical and fitness conditions and their treatment. Such information is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by a physician or other medical professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing a health or fitness problem or disease. You should always consult a physician and medical advisers.
- Combe reserves the right to alter or delete any material from the Content of this Site at any time. Combe further reserves the right to discontinue this Site at any time and without notice.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States, without regard to any conflicts of law provisions. Any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of, relating to, or in connection with this Site or this User Agreement, or the breach or validity of this User Agreement, shall be settled by arbitration. The arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association in effect at the time of the arbitration except as they may be modified herein. The seat of the arbitration shall be New York, New York, and the arbitration shall be conducted in the English language. The sole arbitrator shall be selected and appointed by the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration award shall be in writing, and shall be final and binding on the parties. The award may include an award of costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements. Judgment upon the award may be entered by any court having jurisdiction thereof or having jurisdiction over the parties or their assets.
Combe Incorporated Privacy Statement
Combe Incorporated (“Combe”), the operator of this and related websites, is dedicated to the protection of privacy on the Internet. This Privacy Statement for Canada describes the manner in which information is sometimes collected and used by Combe, and the means by which website visitors can have certain information deleted from Combe’s records and systems. We greatly respect the privacy of our online website visitors. That privacy can be maintained through adherence to the principles set forth in this document and our adherence to U.S. / EU Safe Harbor principles. Please read through this Privacy Statement carefully so that you are fully aware of your rights and ours.
What we collect…
We collect information on or through our websites that can personally identify you but this will only occur when such information is voluntarily offered by you. In short, when you visit our websites or interactive advertisements, we will not collect any personal information about you (such as your name, home address, telephone number, e-mail address, or credit card information) unless you provide it to us voluntarily. If you decide not to provide us with personal information, you can still access our websites but you may be unable to participate in certain things, or receive product information offered through our websites or interactive advertisements.
Our websites sometimes include information about contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions that we are offering individually or jointly with one or more other parties, and we may allow you to enter electronically in some cases. If that occurs, we will use the information you provide for the purpose of conducting the event (for example, to notify you if you have won) and, when we have your consent, to offer you products and services of Combe and our joint event sponsors. In addition, we may also collect demographic and other data for advertising, promotion, and market research purposes.
At some of our websites you can request product samples, vote in polls, express an opinion, subscribe to one of our newsletters, or participate in one of our online forums. These programs require you to submit some information in order to participate. Combe may occasionally ask visitors to complete opinion polls or surveys to assess consumer interests, needs, and attitudes. Surveys help us provide better products and services that meet customer needs. Participation is completely voluntary and these surveys are optional.
If you provide our consumer service representatives with feedback on your experiences with our products or otherwise submit questions to our consumer service representatives, you will be asked to supply personal information for purposes of record-keeping and response.
In the situations described above, we may also enhance or merge your personal information with data obtained from third parties for the same purposes.
Combe works with Yahoo! to research certain usage and activities on our websites on our behalf. Yahoo! uses web beacons to conduct this research. The information collected through these web beacons is used to find out more about our users, including user demographics and usage patterns, for more accurate reporting and to improve the effectiveness of our marketing. Information recorded through the use of these web beacons is aggregated and then shared with us. No personally identifiable information about you is shared by Yahoo! with Combe as a result of this research. If you prefer that Yahoo! not record information by means of these web beacons on the Combe websites, please visit Yahoo! (http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/beacons/details.html) in order to opt out.
Aside from personal information, there will be occasions in which we may also collect information about you that you voluntarily submit and which is not personal, such as general statistical information like age, gender, zip/postal code, household size, interest, and preferences. Additionally, data which is not personal, including feedback, questions, comments, ideas and suggestions shall be deemed to be non-confidential, and Combe will be free to disclose and use such data for any purpose and through any means without any obligation whatsoever towards you. Please read our accompanying User Agreement for further information in this regard.
Our web server collects the domain names (but not the e-mail addresses) of visitors to our websites. The information is sometimes aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on visits, pages reviewed, and so forth. Combe utilizes this type of information to measure the use of our websites and periodically to improve their content.
Why we collect personal information…
Our principal goal in collecting personal information from you is to give us an opportunity to interact with you during and after your visit to our websites and interactive banner advertisements, and to allow us to develop new products and services that are more responsive to your needs and desires. Combe collects personally identifiable information to respond to visitor questions and comments about Combe, its products and services, and other products of interest, to send e-mail newsletters, and to contact winners of sweepstakes, contests and promotions. Personal information also allows us to provide online services and features that are more likely to meet your expectations, and to customize our services to make your online experience smooth, efficient, and enjoyable. Combe occasionally sends e-mail messages (describing new products, promotions or events) to visitors who have agreed to receive such mailings. These mailings are optional and you may opt-out of these mailings completely at any time.
About security and storage…
Combe has taken measures to keep all information from our online visitors as secure as possible against any unauthorized access or use. All information is protected by standard security measures that are periodically reviewed. Combe and its affiliated companies are part of a multinational organization. Your personal information will generally be stored in our databases, which are located in various jurisdictions including the United States and the European Union. For easier processing of e-mail campaigns or other marketing purposes, your personal information may be sent, usually on a temporary basis, to countries outside of Canada, the United States or the European Union. Combe data protection standards are the same, regardless of where your personal information is stored. Further, we will only store your personal information for a reasonable period of time.
Sharing your information…
As stated above, your information may be transferred to one or more of our affiliated companies in other countries and regions of the world. Except for the situations described herein, we do not sell or transfer personal information to third parties outside of our global organization.
Occasionally, we may share personal information from you (such as name, mailing address, and e-mail address) with vendors, contractors, agents, or partners of Combe in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for or with Combe. These vendors, contractors, agents, or partners are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide services for Combe, and they may not share or resell this data. The services they provide for Combe include mailing product samples, or contacting winners of Combe sweepstakes, contests, and promotions. Additionally, we may share your information with vendors that we have hired to send you the offers you requested or about which you have expressed interest. Except in those instances, we do not share, trade, or sell information about you with other marketers without your permission. We will share your information with third parties who are unaffiliated with Combe in those instances in which we obtain your consent.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we want you to understand that we reserve the right to share personal information with duly authorized governmental authorities where required by law or in other related situations where we believe that such sharing is reasonable and appropriate.
Sharing our information…
Occasionally, visitors will have the opportunity to forward product sampling prospects or other information on a Combe website to friends or relatives or to send messages from our websites or interactive advertisements to friends or relatives. The personal referral information you provide to facilitate this communication is used on a one-time basis or stored only for analysis purposes, and it is not further used by Combe to re-contact referred individuals, except in circumstances where we obtain consent from the people you have referred to receive communications from us.
We have a special message for parents. We care about personal privacy and our concerns are heightened when children are involved. We are especially mindful of the need for children to consult with their parents before furnishing personal information online. As a result of our concerns, we have posted special notices within our website to clearly label certain activities as inappropriate for children. However, we need your help. We urge you to monitor and supervise the Internet activities of your children.
What you can do…
You are in control of the personal information you provide to Combe online. You can:
- Ask for a copy of your personal information.
- Ask for your personal information to be corrected or updated.
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records.
If you have communicated with us electronically, and wish to do any of the preceding, please contact us electronically or write to us at:
1101 Westchester Ave.
White Plains, New York 10604
Telephone: 914 694-5454
Please give us your full name and telephone number in case we have questions. We will use diligent efforts to fulfill your request on a timely basis.
As evidenced by this Privacy Statement, we believe that the interactive media can coexist with the fundamentals of privacy, and we will continue our efforts to ensure that that coexistence is harmonious.
Thank you for your visit. We hope you enjoy your stay.